Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My thighs are sore from my pathetic run yesterday

I'm starting to think that the baby weight is not going to come off all by itself (it was so promising when I lost 17 pounds in the first week) so I've recently come to the conclusion that it's time to start e & e (excersing and eating right). Much like an r&r in the academic world, it seems exciting until you actually start doing it and then you just want it to be over. So I was trying to think of things that I could do with Kirk to address the first "e" (the second "e" is going to be harder because I am so hungry which they say is related to the breast feeding. Of course I could work a little more to avoid the leftover halloween candy from the children that never came to the door). We are fortunate enough to have exercise equipment in the house (well the guest house) but Kirk is not at the stage yet where you can count on him to be out for an hour so I decided to try running with him in the stroller. He likes the stroller so I figured that would be a good bet. Plus it would probably be more interesting for him. So there I am...getting excited for my old tunes on the ipod, digging out the running shoes and sports bra...and off I go! First I walk a bit just to ease into it and then whoo hoo, I'm running! This is a weird feeling...I don't think I've ran in over a year....yep, not in 2010 that's for sure. It's kind of exhilarating...except I don't think I remember it being this hard to pick up my legs. And I'm pretty sure my butt didn't jiggle like that before. Oh yep, there's a cramp...ok gotta slow down...lets walk for a bit. How long was that? Um 30 seconds. This was how my run went for the next half hour. I tried to run harder by my neighbors out in their garage. Like they care about the post-pregnant lady huffing by with a stroller. But it was a small boost of motivation. And today, my thighs are sore. Unbelievable. Not so long ago my husband and I were thinking of re-joining a soccer team (just before I got pregnant). I am a long way aways from that.

1 comment:

  1. power walking is the best! i like it better than running to be honest. hey, when can you start taking him to baby yoga??

    ReplyDelete